LIVER - SYMPTOMS, DIAGNOSIS & TESTS
ALANINE AMINOTRANSFERASE ( ALT ), SGPT
ASPARTATE AMINOTRANSFERASE ( AST ), SGOT
GAMMA GLUTAMYL TRANSFERASE ( GGT )
LACTATE DEHYDROGENASE ( LDH )
COMPLETE BLOOD COUNT (CBC)
PROTHROMBIN TIME TEST (PT)
HEPATITIS B SURFACE ANTIGEN (HBsAg) BY CLIA METHOD
HISTOPATHOLOGY SMALL SPECIMEN
LIVER FUNCTION TEST BASIC
ANTI HCV ANTIBODIES (CLIA method)
LIVER FUNCTION TEST EXTENDED
ANA, ANTINUCLEAR ANTIBODY - QUANTITATIVE ELISA
IRON PROFILE SERUM
ANTI HBe ANTIBODIES (CLIA method)
ALFA FETOPROTEIN (AFP)
HEPATITIS B ENVELOPE ANTIGEN (HBeAg)
ANTI HEPATITIS B CORE (HBc IgM) ANTIBODY
MITOCHONDRIAL ANTIBODY (AMA), IFA
LIVER KIDNEY MICROSOMAL(LKM) ANTIBODY,IFA WITH REFLEX TITER
Any condition that damages the liver and prevents it from functioning well.
- Hepatitis - a viral infection of your liver. It causes inflammation and liver damage, making it difficult for your liver to function as it should.
- Cancer - Liver cancers first develop in your liver. If cancer starts elsewhere in the body but spreads to the liver, it's called metastatic liver cancer.
- Cirrhosis - Cirrhosis refers to scarring that results from liver diseases and other causes of liver damage, such as alcohol abuse.
- Liver failure - Generally, liver failure related to liver disease and cirrhosis happens slowly. You may not have any symptoms at first.
- Abdominal pain and swelling
- Swelling in the legs and ankles
- Itchy skin
- Dark colored urine
- Pale stool color, or bloody or tar-colored stool
- Chronic fatigue
- Nausea or vomiting
- Loss of appetite
- Tendency to bruise easily
- Sharing needles
- Being overweight
- Exposure to toxins or pesticides
- Taking certain supplements or herbs, especially in large amounts
- Mixing certain medications with alcohol or taking more than the recommended dose of certain medications.