HYPERTENSION DISEASE - SYMPTOMS, DIAGNOSIS & TESTS
- Chest pain, chest tightness, pressure on chestwall and chest discomfort (angina)
- Shortness of breath
- Pain, numbness, weakness or coldness in your legs or arms if the blood vessels in those parts of your body are narrowed
- Pain in the neck, jaw, throat, upper abdomen or back
- Smoking - Cigarette smoking is a powerful independent risk factor for sudden cardiac death in patients with coronary heart disease.
- High blood cholesterol - One of the major risk factors for heart disease is high blood cholesterol. Cholesterol is a fatty substance that is carried around the body by proteins.
- Hypertension - occurs when your blood pressure increases to unhealthy levels. It is generally a silent condition. Many people won’t experience any symptoms in early stages.
- Diabetes - occurs when the blood glucose is high in the blood.
- Overweight. Extra weight can lead to increased high cholesterol levels, high blood pressure, and diabetes, all major risk factors for heart disease.