Did you know that at least 47% of the Indian population has a vitamin B12 deficiency? According to a study published in the Indian journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism only 26% of Indians have sufficient levels of B12.
Could I be deficient? What does that mean for me?
While the symptoms caused by a B12 deficiency are troublesome, they are often overlooked, such as constantly feeling tired and sleepy, experiencing an increase in those painful mouth ulcers, or even feeling like your heart is beating fast and heavy (i.e. experiencing ‘palpitations’).
Here are the most common issues caused by a B12 deficiency:
- A sense of weakness, extreme tiredness, or light headedness (since a lack of Vitamin B12 in your body triggers anemia, a condition in which your blood doesn’t have enough healthy red blood cells)
- Feeling faint or breathless
- Noticeable heartbeat (palpitations)
- ‘Pins and needles’ or tingling sensation in your hands and feet
- Slow reflexes and weak muscles
- Increased mouth ulcers
- Irritability and depression
Is there a way to experience relief? How will getting tested help me?
If you’re an Indian, there’s a huge chance you may be deficient in vitamin B12. A simple blood test can reveal if your B12 levels aren’t where they should be. After your healthcare professional has a look at your results, you can get started on a treatment – which could include B12 shots or supplements. You will begin to feel your best and most energetic self in no time!
Book your next blood test with Assure Pathlabs HERE
At Assure Pathlabs you can rely on customers receiving efficient service, helpful advice, respect, support and care, as well as the highest standards of medical expertise.